Frequently Asked Questions
- 1 Before Asking any Questions
- 2 About OpenKore
- 3 Installation and Configuration
- 4 General Errors
- 4.1 ext/hash_fun.h: No such file or directory
- 4.2 perl: symbol lookup error: src/auto/XSTools/XSTools.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr
- 4.3 Recursive inheritance detected in package Network::Receive::kRO
- 4.4 Assertion ('HASH(...)' must be of class 'Actor::You') failed
- 4.5 Can't call method "inventory" on unblessed reference
- 4.6 Attempt to STORE non blessed reference (or not a reference)
- 4.7 Attempt to STORE non Actor reference to the hash of actors
- 4.8 Can't call method "name"/"baseName" on an undefined value
- 5 Connection Errors
- 5.1 Cannot load server message parser for server type
- 5.2 Error code 10060 when connecting to the server
- 5.3 Timeout on Account server, error when connecting to the server
- 5.4 Incorrect characters information
- 5.5 Anti-bot that prevents OpenKore from connecting or functioning
- 5.6 CHARACTER_INFO size error!! character:numX CHARACTER_INFO size : Y
- 6 Ingame Problems
- 6.1 NPCs and monsters are shown as "Unknown #xxxxxxxx" or monsters are displayed as NPCs or doesn't attack any monsters
- 6.2 Items and skills are shown as "?????" or in another language
- 6.3 Items and skills are shown as "Unknown #xxxxxxxx"
- 6.4 Items in inventory are shown as "None"
- 6.5 Unknown Packet xxxx
- 6.6 Packet Tokenizer: Unknown switch: xxxx
- 6.7 Packet Parser: Unknown switch: xxxx
- 6.8 Packet Parser: Unhandled Packet: xxxx Handler: xxxxxxxx
- 6.9 Removed actor with off map coordinates
- 6.10 Skills are not used or not recognized
- 6.11 Chat messages are empty or trimmed or have/lack |xx
- 6.12 Disconnect right after appearing in the game
- 6.13 Disconnect on a certain game action
- 6.14 Stuck at some portal, walking in and out
- 7 Macro plugin
- 8 Unix Problems
- 9 Windows Problems
- 9.1 OpenKore conflicts with Ragnarok Online client
- 9.2 WPE conflicts with Ragnarok Online client
- 9.3 No start.exe or wxstart.exe
- 9.4 XSTools.dll is not found
- 9.5 perl512.dll is not found
- 9.6 It immediately closes without any output
- 9.7 Everything in a single line in control/table files
- 9.8 Your Windows TCP/IP stack is broken
Before Asking any Questions
OpenKore is being constantly updated and fixed. So if your version doesn't work on your server, you discovered a bug or looking for some feature, check first if things are the same in the svn trunk.
Consider old releases unsupported.
What is OpenKore?
OpenKore is a free open source Ragnarok Online client + bot program, mostly written in perl, created back in 2003. It is licensed under the GNU General Public License GPL. Some parts of OpenKore are based on software written by others, which are distributed under other licenses. See the LICENSE.TXT for those other licenses.
What functions does OpenKore have?
OpenKore is capable of doing almost everything a normal player could do via Ragnarok Online client. Additionally, its AI permits the use of automatic tasks, like attack, move, use items and skills, storage, buy and sell, vending, teleport etc. You can see an (incomplete) reference list of currently built-in features in the Overview.
Does OpenKore support Renewal?
Sure, there's nothing ground-shaking in Renewal which may impede. There may be some bugs or missing content (just report them or contribute fixes), but Renewal itself isn't a problem.
Is it possible...?
- Is there a way to...?
- Can I...?
Most likely, YES. Even if there is no such a ready-to-go feature in OpenKore and plugins, you can always implement it yourself via macro, plugin or patch. For many things, it may be not widely known (or not at all) beforehand how exactly to do it though.
Everything? No solution then. Be more precise in what you've tried.
Installation and Configuration
Where do I download Openkore?
Don't download OpenKore from any sites other then ones linked from openkore.com main page and http://sourceforge.net/projects/openkore/. Even if it's linked from forums, IRC etc - because anybody can try to post anything there. If you do, don't complain when you get a bundle of random malware or just lose your game account. The same stays true for plugins, macros and any other software.
See also: Patches Welcome
How do I make it connect in my server?
Currently, Openkore only comes with Official Servers information, so if you want to play on a private server, for example, you will need to get its server's information. See Connectivity Guide.
How do I configure it?
Openkore is based on text configuration files, which are located on
control folder. Each file has it's own function and can easily be configured according to your needs. See Manual.
Server updated, connection/ingame problems emerged
There are several ways to update OpenKore:
- Using Openkore SVN AutoUpdater (recommended for normal users)
- Using any subversion client, subversion or TortoiseSVN (with GUI) (recommended for testers, supporters, developers users)
- Using fresh svn snapshot — use that method only if your subversion client or working copy is broken. Take care not to overwrite your previous configuration and your changes in tables and source.
Does OpenKore work on Linux?
Yes, Linux (and BSD, MacOS, other nix) users can run OpenKore by executing
openkore.pl directly. It will automatically compile libXSTools if needed. There is some general dependencies, see How to run Openkore.
- trunk (located at ^/openkore/trunk/ in version control), also called svn version — development version which developers directly working at, so it's continuously updated. There could be some bugs introduced, but that's also always most up to time version with all new features and fixes
- release — currently, snapshot of trunk from some point of time
Interface language is defined with locale option.
ext/hash_fun.h: No such file or directory
#define HASH_FUN_H <ext/hash_fun.h> with
#define HASH_FUN_H <backward/hash_fun.h>.
perl: symbol lookup error: src/auto/XSTools/XSTools.so: undefined symbol: Perl_Gthr_key_ptr
You need to rebuild XSTools with
make clean && make.
Recursive inheritance detected in package Network::Receive::kRO
You need at least Perl 5.10 if you're using kRO serverType tree.
Assertion ('HASH(...)' must be of class 'Actor::You') failed
Can't call method "inventory" on unblessed reference
Outdated OpenKore or wrong server settings.
Attempt to STORE non blessed reference (or not a reference)
Attempt to STORE non Actor reference to the hash of actors
Make sure you have the latest version and right server settings. If it still happens, submit a bug.
Can't call method "name"/"baseName" on an undefined value
Cannot load server message parser for server type
Your configuration has serverType unsupported by your version of OpenKore. Update OpenKore or use another serverType.
Error code 10060 when connecting to the server
Connection to the server can't be established. Probably means that your server information (probably address), set on servers.txt, is wrong. See Connectivity Guide to learn how to get your server's information correctly.
Timeout on Account server, error when connecting to the server
Wrong server information, on servers.txt, or the server has some kind of anti-bot protection againts bots. See Connectivity Guide to check your server's information and Unsupported servers for a list of unbottable servers.
Incorrect characters information
Anti-bot that prevents OpenKore from connecting or functioning
There is no built-in solution (except Poseidon). Besides official servers, which are more or less supported, usually there is lack of people who are capable of and insterested in supporting and sharing a solution for a particular server with custom protection. No point of repeating asking everyday whether somebody has developed a solution for a server, no replies at all usually mean that nobody have got interested (or not enough info was provided).
CHARACTER_INFO size error!! character:numX CHARACTER_INFO size : Y
NPCs and monsters are shown as "Unknown #xxxxxxxx" or monsters are displayed as NPCs or doesn't attack any monsters
Don't use serverType 8, any other numeral or any official server's ones with private servers.
Can be caused by wrong serverType. Incompatibilies are introduced in: Sakexe_2005_04_11a, Sakexe_2007_11_06a, Sakexe_2008_01_02a, RagexeRE_2009_11_03a, RagexeRE_2010_11_24a.
Items and skills are shown as "?????" or in another language
The first one is probably your terminal failing to show Korean names from kRO table set. Change your server settings (addTableFolders) or use command line arguments (--tables) to select table set with names your terminal (and you) can handle.
Items and skills are shown as "Unknown #xxxxxxxx"
Names are missing from table files. Update corresponding files manually or using files from other clients, or use skill handles, or just use displayed Unknowns as usual names.
Items in inventory are shown as "None"
Wrong serverType. http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?t=6964
Unknown Packet xxxx
Packet Tokenizer: Unknown switch: xxxx
Value that is supposed to be a packet switch is not found in recvpackets.txt, so packet length is not known.
Valid RO packet switches are: 0064—04FF, 0700—07FF. Other switches (like 9600, 0000 and others) indicate that your server settings (or recvpackets) are wrong. If you have such a warning for invalid switch, that can mean that some of previous packets had wrong packet length.
Recvpackets file needs to be updated for your server.
Consider your bot to be unstable and to get any random and irreproducible "bugs" possible (for example, non dying or nonexistent monsters, missing actors, missing information), as there is loss of data due to all packets in a bunch after the unknown one being ignored, and some possibly already ignored or parsed incorrectly. Do not report those random bugs, fix your recvpackets first.
If you want to squelch this warning anyway, add corresponding packet switches to debugPacket_exclude.
Packet Parser: Unknown switch: xxxx
Packet length is known, but packet structure in %packet_list is not found. Packet ignored.
Generally, you can ignore this warning if you have no other problems. It can be a packet not known or for a feature not supported yet.
- Wiki page about unknown switches and unhandled packets
- Forum topic about unknown switches and unhandled packets
(report in one of these)
Packet Parser: Unhandled Packet: xxxx Handler: xxxxxxxx
Packet length is known and packet structure is found, but there is no handler function in serverType for it. Packet ignored.
Generally, you can ignore this warning if you have no other problems. It can be a packet for a feature not supported yet.
Removed actor with off map coordinates
- serverType you're using isn't compatible with your server (most likely cause).
- Anti-bot systems on the server.
- Server bug.
Skills are not used or not recognized
Check skills output for skill names you're using. If there is no skills shown (but your character has some), then your server settings are wrong.
Chat messages are empty or trimmed or have/lack |xx
Disconnect right after appearing in the game
Probably you have some actions configured, like lock map, random walking, attacking etc and they kick in immediately as they should. Try to disable all actions or turn off AI before appearing in the game. See also: Disconnect on a certain game action.
Disconnect on a certain game action
- Packet structures in serverType you're using don't match your server.
- When sending chat messages and @commands: chatLangCode.
- Performed action leads to a disconnect even with official Ragnarok Online client (for example, trying to move when talking with a NPC) or actions that couldn't have been done normally at the moment you've done them (incorrect NPC actions, incorrect Actor IDs).
- You're using an area skill which isn't configured in skillsarea.txt properly. For example, all Renewal skills (http://forums.openkore.com/viewtopic.php?t=11747).
Stuck at some portal, walking in and out
If that doesnt' help, maybe edit field to make a non-walkable wall or "corridor" near the portal, or fix route_step corner rounding around portals already. If portal in question has no walls nearby, something like route_avoidPortals would be needed too.
Malformed UTF-8 character
Save your macro file in UTF-8 encoding. This means, don't use plain old Notepad for text files on windows. Or, for your technical types, start waving your magnet over the disk in UTF-8 instead of ASCII encoding.
Syntax error at line 1 (when there is no syntax errors)
Save your macro file in UTF-8 encoding without BOM. If you are using Notepad and getting this, do not use it anymore.
Freeze on start
Console::Unix interface uses threads to work with readline and can freeze on
pthread_create call if Perl wasn't built with THREADS. Check with
perl -V | grep threads (it should be like
-Dusethreads=y). Rebuild Perl with THREADS or use another interface (run with
--interface=Console::Simple, Console::Curses or Wx for example).
OpenKore conflicts with Ragnarok Online client
For example, when game protection detects OpenKore or Poseidon. There are several solutions:
- Don't use our binaries, run openkore.pl/poseidon.pl directly (with Perl)
- Run OpenKore/Poseidon on another system (maybe virtual)
WPE conflicts with Ragnarok Online client
There are various tools and ways to analyze packets. Find the one which would work for you.
No start.exe or wxstart.exe
They're not included because only one system needs them. Can be downloaded from http://misc.openkore.com/
XSTools.dll is not found
Download XSTools.dll and place it in src/auto/XSTools or any directory in your PATH.
perl512.dll is not found
You need either:
- Active Perl 5.12
- recompile OpenKore binaries
- use start.exe/wxstart.exe
It immediately closes without any output
Ensure that there's really no output by properly running it from terminal. Mention that you've done that when asking for help, otherwise you'll be ignored.
Everything in a single line in control/table files
That's not the problem of our files, but the problem with interpreting line breaks in your text editor (known problem of Windows Notepad). Try another text editor. For example, Notepad++, PSPad or Geany. You may try Wordpad which usually is installed by default, however make sure it saves plain text files, or OpenKore won't be able to read them.
Your Windows TCP/IP stack is broken
You must fix TCP/IP stack:
- Windows XP
- Make sure you're logged in as Administrator, or an administrator account.
- Open a DOS command window.
- Type the following command and press Enter:
netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt
- Windows 2000